Attend our marquee event!
On May 7th, urban university will host its 2023 Annual Celebration of Single Mothers and Community.
Join us and let us honor our community together. During the event, we will enjoy:
- Acknowledgement of Single Mothers. We will be celebrating the most recent graduate of our Single Mothers at Work program.
- Sheroe Award presentations to local women leaders led by Nikki Fortunato Bas, City of Oakland City Council President
- Panel Discussion “Our Point of View” featuring uu program graduates sharing personal experiences on the 27th anniversary of the Welfare Reform Act.
- Live Music by Rafael Ramirez & the Latin Jazz Trio.
- Hors d’oeuvres, wine, and refreshments
- Silent Auction now open until May 10th!
Click on the image below to buy your ticket or to donate!